There are many ways to honor and thank the superheroes in our schools, those who work with our students on the front lines every day. The Golden Apple Awards are just one way to celebrate our faculty and staff. Golden Apple Honorees are nominated by their peers to receive grant funding to use in their schools, sponsored by generous area businesses. The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation is thrilled to announce this year’s Golden Apple Awards Honorees:
• Chippewa Valley Montessori Charter School honors Jeremy Harrison, Kindergarten-6th Grade Teacher
• DeLong Middle School honors Sarah Binder, Special Education Teacher
• Flynn Elementary School honors Joann Waldhart Adams, 3rd Grade Teacher
• Lakeshore Elementary School honors Melinda Wright, Physical Education Teacher
• Locust Lane Elementary School honors Mike Peplinski, 4th Grade Teacher
• Longfellow Elementary School honors Tom Dahl, Physical Education Teacher
• Manz Elementary School honors Becky Linderholm, English Learning Teacher
• Meadowview Elementary School honors Katie Engel, School Psychologist
• Memorial High School honors Erin Layde, Biology and Life Science Teacher
• McKinley Charter School honors Megan McCrackin, Competency Component Teacher
• North High School honors Renee Morehead, Family/Consumer Education Teacher
• Northstar Middle School honors Michelle Olson, 6th Grade and English Learning Teacher
• Northwoods Elementary School honors Cheryl Moss, Special Education Assistant Teacher
• Prairie Ridge Early Learning Center honors Melinda Daubitz, Headstart Assistant
• Putnam Heights Elementary School honors Dayna Smith, School Secretary
• Robbins Elementary School honors Heather Kapanke, Guidance Counselor
• Roosevelt Elementary School honors Jason Wendtland, 4th Grade Teacher
• Sam Davey Elementary School honors Mary Uelmen, Special Education Assistant Teacher
• Sherman Elementary School honors Tim McManus, 2nd Grade Teacher
• South Middle School honors Scott Faris, Science Teacher
Generous businesses sponsoring these individuals include Charter Bank, C&M Home Builders, Kristo Orthodontic Specialists, Marine Credit Union, Market & Johnson, Marshfield Clinic and Security Health Plan, Mayo Clinic Health System, McDonald’s Courtesy Corporation, McDonough Manufacturing Company, Northwestern Bank, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Wipfli, Xcel Energy, and more.
Honorees will be celebrated at the annual Golden Apple Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 6, 5:30-8:00pm at Wild Ridge & Mill Run Golf Course. Tickets for the banquet are $45 and space is limited. For tickets, contact Sarah French at email@example.com.
The Eau Claire Public Schools Foundation is a Supporting Organization of the Eau Claire Community Foundation. To learn more or to donate, please visit the ECPSF website at www.ecpsfound.org.